The die-sink EDM machine QX Neo enables a 3D view of the entire machining process. In addition to showing the part and letting the user manipulate it easily thanks to its tactile technology, the equipment includes a control that has never seen before in die-sink EDM, which makes it possible to view the part to be eroded on the screen, as well as the electrodes and their travels. As a result, it is possible to view the complete EDM process, select electrodes and even modify machining sequences quickly and easily with a simple touch before running the programme.
Definitely, the new range improves the control of the equipment and its usability through the optimisation of the Human-Machine Interface (HMI), drastically reducing the possibility of programming errors. The new touch interface has very intuitive menus, and it is visually more user-friendly.
It includes the following features among others:
- High-quality 24-inch screen.
- Intuitive programming supported by graphics help
- Improved environment for programming and simulation.
- Graphic interaction throughout the process, digital programming from the solid to the part.
- Verification of electrode position, travels, machining order, and job list.
- Possibility to change the programme easily, avoiding errors.
- I4.0: OPC-UA server, connectivity pack. Access to the platform from the machine, user management, advanced data logger, and offline traceability.
QX Neo also makes it possible to import the files directly from CAD-CAM, as well as to access and run the programmes located in another computer that can be accessed thanks to the rDesktop application.
For the rest, QX Neo equipment incorporates all the advantages of the QX range:
- The Script Programming enables the creation of customised setup cycles, execute actions conditioned to a series of premises, perform a programming with variables, and generate customised dialogue boxes, among other actions.
- The Security Pack guarantees the protection of the company’s sensitive information. This system enables the creation of a machine administrator, the setup of different access profiles, the limitation of file deletion or modification, the blocking of external accesses, and the log of power-on and working hours.
- The high-performance digital generator can reach up to 400 Amperes, the highest power in the market. It is ideal for applications requiring high roughing and speed, as well as for achieving the high quality demanded in sectors such as aeronautical or aerospace.